Johns Hopkins Health System wanted to launch a new Medicare Advantage (MA) plan in Maryland. Unlike most states, which have roughly a 30% MA penetration, Maryland was single digit, with Medicare Supplement plans “owning” the marketplace. Plus, research uncovered a challenge would be leveraging the highly- respected Johns Hopkins parent brand – long tied to Baltimore — while convincingly communicating this new brand included a comprehensive statewide network.
Partnering with DMW has been a prescription for success over the years! First, we analyzed the market. Mapped the competitive landscape and demographic buying patterns. Working in close collaboration, we employed the DMW Action BrandTM to create a new marketplace presence — Advantage MD — with a unique product name, logo and value proposition to stake it’s own personality, while leveraging the parent brand’s reputation for world-class health care.
• Year 1 (launch) — Discover Your Advantage acquisition campaign exceeded enrollment goals thanks to convincing messaging and omni-channel media approach.
• Year 2–3 — Implementation of New-To-Medicare (N2M) program and full website for year-round marketing and enrollment. The AEP theme Experts In Care built on Year One “fastest growing plan” achievement married to the plan’s unique alignment with Johns Hopkins and its provider network.
• Year 4 — Connected theme (shown) expanded on the “caring” element, communicating how Advantage MD connects you to some of the best care and doctors in the world.
DMW’s Action Brand has continually delivered healthy outcomes for Johns Hopkins Advantage MD. In fact, we helped grow the new brand to 14% market share in just 36 months!
• Launch Year — surpassed AEP lead goals by 111%, audience segmentation provided up to a 60% response lift, and market share zoomed from zero to 5% in the first six weeks!
• Year 2 and counting — DMW has helped achieve outstanding results, like a 56% YOY increase in membership compared to competitive plans, and direct mail generating 65% more leads vs. projections.
reduction in digital CPL
lift in response rates
of AEP lead goal
Launching a new brand in such a competitive landscape was a real big deal. But DMW brought a BIG advantage … leading to BIG results.